Monday, January 23, 2012

Greek Pizza

I wanted to jump on here and share another amazing recipe that I came across the other day.  This one, too, hails from the www.theroadfromfattofit.blogspot website.  This gal has really come up with some GREAT eats!  Pizza is one of my very most favorite foods in the world.  Ever!  I've never met one I didn't love!  However...in this new eating quest, it's not really lifestyle approved.  That said...I found something that is amazing and that I think I might even like BETTER than my normal pizza!  Here it is!  I hope maybe you will like it too!

Greek Pizza

Ingredients:

For the Crust-

2 eggs
4 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 1/4 cup shredded mozarella cheese
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning

Toppings-

12 Kalamata Olives
1/2 cup artichoke hearts
1/2 cup fire roasted tomatoes
1/4 cup shredded mozarella
1/2 cup feta cheese
1/4 cup pizza sauce
1/3 cup red onions


Directions:

Preheat oven to 375°.

Spray a 9X13 glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and line with wax paper.  (Note...I used my big pyrex casserole dish and sprayed it, but did not line it...worked great).  After lining the dish with the wax paper (if you use it), also spray the paper with non stick cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese and eggs with a hand mixer on medium speed until well blended.

Next, add in the Parmesan cheese and all three spices.  Stir in thoroughly.  Stir in the mozerella cheese until all of the ingredients are completely mixed together.

With a rubber spatula, scrape the mixture into the glass baking dish and spread around evenly, lining the entire bottom of the dish.

Bake on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes.  If you like a crispier crust, you can leave it in the oven longer.  Just be sure to keep checking on it so it doesn't burn.

When the crust is done baking, let it cool on a cooling rack while still on the wax paper, but not in the dish.  (Note...I just dumped mine out on the rack to cool)  After the crust cools, slide a spatula under the crust to loosen it from the wax paper but leave it on the paper and place it back in the baking dish.  (Note...at this point I simply transferred my cooled crust to a nonstick pizza pan.)

Top with sauce, remainder of the cheese, and the toppings of your choice.  Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.  Let cool, slice and ENJOY!!!!!!!

She notes that she has tried other variations like Garlic Bacon Chicken Alfredo with cream sauce and a couple of different versions of supreme pizza too.  You can pretty much pile on all the meat and veggies you want and still have a super low carb version!

For the Greek Pizza...
If cut into 8 slices- 3.25 grams of carbs per slice
If cut into 6 slices- 4.10 grams of carbs per slice

This is stunningly delicious and it makes the house smell AMAZING!!!!!  Get baking!  It's a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment